Slice of Life

Slice of Life
Join the slicing for the month of March

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Warming up to Slice

March is on the way. If you have never "sliced" with the Two Writing Teachers for the month of March, do join in this year. Each day writers share small moments with their audience who in turn comment on the writing in a very positive way.
Teachers, this gives you a chance to experience what you ask kids to do in the classroom daily. It is eye opening to struggle with a topic, work on it, revise it, edit it, and then dare to submit it to the public for comment only to have to come up with another topic the next day. The first year I did this I began to understand my kids status "I am thinking". Yes...thinking should be part of status of the class. I also learned that reading often triggers thoughts which produce some of my best writing so now I send kids to the library to read when they are stuck. My participation in this month of March writing marathon has made me a better teacher and a better writer...give it a try...you may be surprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment